Scope of This Notice
This Privacy Statement is intended to describe Belacon's privacy practices and provide information about the choices you have regarding the ways in which information collected by Belacon is used and disclosed. Please note that any co-branded websites (websites where Belacon presents content together with one or more of our business partners) may be governed by additional or different privacy provisions. Our Commitment to Privacy At Belacon, your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we have provided this Statement explaining our information practices and the choices you can make about the way your personal information is collected, used and disclosed.
To make this Statement easy to find, we have made it available on our homepage and at every location where personally-identifiable information may be requested. Belacon has self-certified its adherence to the European Union "Safe Harbor" Principles with the United States Department of Commerce, and has chosen to cooperate with the European Union Data Protection Authorities for unresolved privacy complaints. The Information We Collect This Privacy Statement applies to all information collected by or submitted to Belacon, including personal information.
"Personal information" is data that reasonably can be used to identify or describe an individual. Belacon collects personal information when:
- You create a user account
- You register online
- You request support for a Belacon product or Service
- You register for webcasts
- You request information or materials (e.g., presentations, whitepapers, newsletter)
- You participate in surveys and evaluations
- You participate in promotions, contests or giveaways
- You submit questions or comments to us
Belacon also collects personal information from individuals (with their consent) at conventions, trade shows and expositions. The types of personal information collected may include (but are not limited to):
- Your first and last name
- Your title and your company's name
- Your office, billing, or other physical address (including street name, name of a city or town, state/province)
- Your e-mail address
- Your telephone number
- Any other identifier that permits Belacon to make physical or online contact with you
- Your Belacon username
- Your Belacon password
Using Your Personal Information
- Belacon uses the personal information you provide to:
- Create and maintain your accounts
- Process, fulfill, and follow-up on your orders
- Answer your questions
- Register you in programs (per your request)
- Send you information
- Send you surveys
We also use this personal information to provide you with information related to your account and the products or services you purchased from us, to better understand your needs and interests, to improve our service, and to personalize communications.
Sharing Your Personal Information
Unless you assent, Belacon will never share the personal information you provide to us except as described below. Belacon may disclose your personal information to third parties under any of the following circumstances:
Your Choices About Receiving E-Mail
Belacon makes every effort to provide you with the ability to opt-in and opt-out of receiving communications from Belacon and/or its partners. Belacon may send you e-mail about your account, about the products you have purchased, to remind you about a webcast for which you have registered or a service you have purchased, or in response to your questions.
Belacon may also send you e-mail with information and/or special offers about products and services that may be of interest to you, unless you indicate that you do not want to receive them. In addition, with your assent, our business partners may send you such information. You may let us know whether or not you would like to receive information, special offers, and promotional materials from Belacon or our business partners when you create a Belacon.net account, when you register for a service, when you provide us with your personal information, or when we send you e-mail. Please note that if you choose not to accept promotional e-mails, you may not receive special offers that may be of value to you.
Belacon will provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of any of our direct marketing communications at any time. All promotional e-mail sent from Belacon will contain a provision allowing you the option to decline receiving future promotional e-mail. You may unsubscribe to an e-mail communication by contacting Belacon at the address provided below and requesting that you be unsubscribed from that specific communication:
Newsletters @ Belacon
225 E. Robinson St., Ste. 545,
Orlando, FL 32801
Public Forums Reminder
This site often makes chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. Exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. Although we value individual ideas and encourage free expression, Belacon reserves the right to take necessary action to preserve the forum's integrity, such as removing any posting that is vulgar or inappropriate.
How to Access, Modify or Update Your Information
Belacon gives you the ability to access, modify or update your information at any time. You may log in and make changes to your login information (change your password), your contact information, your general preferences and your personalization settings. If necessary, you may also contact us and describe the changes you want made to the information you have previously provided. How to Contact Us If you have any questions about any of these practices or Belacon's use of your personal information, please feel free to contact us by web, or by mail at:
Belacon Enterprises, LLC
225 E. Robinson St. Ste. 545
Orlando, FL 32801
Belacon will work with you to resolve any concerns you may have about this Statement. Changes to this Privacy Statement Belacon reserves the right to change this policy from time to time. If we do make changes, the revised Privacy Statement will be posted on this site. A notice will be posted on our homepage for 30 days whenever this privacy statement is changed in a material way. This Privacy Statement was last amended on September 20, 2010.
- As may be required to fulfill orders, to conduct billing/credit processing, to provide service, and for e-mail housing (as a consequence of uses already described in this Privacy Statement).
- As required by law (such as responding to a valid subpoena, warrant, audit, or agency action, or to prevent fraud).
- For research activities, including the production of statistical reports (such aggregated information is used to describe our services to current and prospective partners and other third parties, and is not used to contact the subjects of the report).
- In the context of a business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, consolidation, or divestiture (pursuant to a pledge of confidentiality under which the recipient agrees to use the information for no purpose other than carrying out the transaction).